About Optometrists Network and Dr. Jeffrey Cooper
Optometrists Network thanks Dr. Jeffrey Cooper
for his generous contribution to our network of
advertising-free patient education web sites.
Dr. Cooper has private practices which provide primary care, strabismus eye surgery referrals, and/or Vision Therapy in Brooklyn and NYC (New York, NY) only.If you would like to make an appointment
with Dr. Cooper, go to his private practice web site at coopereyecare.com. PLEASE: do not email Dr. Cooper
with your personal medical questions. Your family's vision can not be evaluated or treated over the internet.
Follow Our Links to Find More Information on Lazy Eye, Strabismus, and Related Visual Conditions
If you would like more information about strabismus or related visual conditions, such as lazy eye,
please see the many pages of strabismus.org and/or lazyeye.org. We provide comprehensive information on binocular (two-eyed) vision conditions through many Vision Care Patient Education Resources.
In addition, you can read many comments written by parents, patients, teachers, teenagers,
and children about their experiences with Vision Therapy for strabismus, lazy eye and related visual conditions.
Dr. Jeffrey Cooper's Credentials
Dr. Jeffrey Cooper is a Clinical Professor at
the State University of New York, College of Optometry.
He presently teaches professional students and
residents about strabismus and amblyopia.
Dr. Cooper graduated from the prestigious Pennsylvania College of Optometry in 1971 and also completed a special post-graduate training program in Vision Therapy that same year. He served as the assistant chief of the Vision Therapy Services from 1972-1978.
Dr. Cooper received a Masters of Science in physiological optics. He has authored over 60 research papers that have appeared in numerous prestigious ophthalmological and optometric journals. Currently, he is on the editorial board of Binocular Vision and Eye Muscle Surgery and the Journal of Behavioral Optometry. He is a reviewer for numerous professional publications.
Dr. Cooper, under the auspices of Bausch and Lomb, has served as a consultant to our Olympic Teams. He has provided peer review for research grants submitted to the National Institute of Health/National Eye Institute. Dr. Cooper was a principal investigator of clinical trial on Convergence Insufficiency funded by the National Institute of Health - National Eye Institute.
HTS -- Home Therapy Systems
Dr. Cooper has developed both the Computer Orthopter
and the HTS Computerized Vision Therapy Systems. Both of these treatment
systems are used by more than 6,000 optometrists
and ophthalmologists worldwide. As mentioned above,
he also serves as a consultant to the Optometrists Network and the Vision3d, a 3D Stereo Vision Education Site.
Dr. Jeffrey Cooper maintains practices in both Manhattan
and Brooklyn (New York, NY).
Parent and Patient Comments on Vision Therapy for Strabismus, Lazy Eye and Related Visual Conditions
- Helping Strabismus with non-surgical Vision Therapy,
- How vision therapy helped struggling children who had been told they had 20/20
- Vision Therapy Treatment as a drug-free treatment for children who had been diagnosed as ADD-ADHD,
- Vision Therapy treatment for lazy eye,
- Vision Therapy Treatment with or without glasses for blurry
Vision or Eyesight,
- In-office Vision Therapy programs with homework to correct convergence insufficiency disorder,
- non-surgical Vision therapy treatment to correct crossed eyes or strabismus,
- Vision Therapy to develop 3D depth
- Vision Therapy Treatment to help vision problems that caused motion sickness and dizziness,
- Vision Therapy treatment to correct double vision,
Eye Strain & Fatigue,
Tracking Problems Solved by Vision Therapy,
- Vision Problems that cause Headaches and Eyestrain,
- Vision Therapy for Learning
Disabilities Related to Eye Problems,
- Eyesight and Dyslexia,
- Vision Therapy for Non-verbal Learning Disorders (NLD),
- Vision Problems and Students who are labeled or in Special
- Reading Improvement with Vision Therapy,
- School Performance and Grade Level Immprovements following Vision Therapy,
- Improving Sports
and Coordination in Children with Vision Therapy,
Dr. Jeffrey Cooper FAAO, FCOVD, our expert on strabismus, answers all your questions in What is Strabismus?. It's all there! And check out the fun bits on the evolution of two-eyed vision!